Tell us about all literacy outreach conducted in the previous year. Nominations are due by the first Friday in February.
Sample activities you may want to share with us.
- Time spent planning your financial literacy activities. We know these things don’t just “happen,” so please tell us how many staff people/hours are involved in putting your programs together.
- Financial literacy presentations at local schools (EverFi program, Teach Children to Save Day presentations, Junior Achievement sessions, etc.). Please include everything - grade schools, high schools and local colleges.
- Classroom visits/instruction conducted on a regular basis, either through teaching a course or by participation in Junior Achievement and other groups that require multiple visits to the same class.
- Financial literacy presentations and bank tours to any group other than those performed in a school (see #2 above). This includes presentations to children, teens, adults and seniors; through Scouts or other clubs, community centers and senior centers; a job shadowing day; legislators; workshops on consumer education topics such as home buying or financial planning; and more.
- In-school banking programs at any elementary, middle or high school. Must be open to students on a regular basis.
- Bank clubs to encourage saving and good money management skills, including children’s savings clubs and senior clubs.
- Media outreach related to financial literacy.
- Other involvement related to financial/life skills education, such as sponsoring any product within the EverFi program or other financial literacy program; sponsoring a teacher for the National Institute of Financial and Economic Literacy; participation in America’s Promise, serving on the board of directors of a financial-education-related group; or special educational projects.
Documentation of your efforts should include the following types of information for each program: Program Summary, Locations Visited, # Presentations, # Bankers Participating, # People Reached
Don’t forget to include copies of press releases or published stories about your efforts!