Government Relations: A State and Federal Program
The IBA is the premier government relations association representing banks of every size in Illinois. Our seasoned government relations team with decades of combined legislative and political experience is considered to be one of the best in the Illinois Statehouse.
Benefits of Government Relations
- Initiates banker-supported legislation and lobbies in support of industry positions;
- Analyzes and tracks thousands of legislative proposals;
- Testifies before legislative committees;
- Circulates industry “position papers” to legislators, regulators, and staff;
- Prepares and submits dozens of comprehensive comment letters on regulatory proposals;
- Communicates with state and federal regulators on industry issues;
- Organizes the Springfield Lobby Day and Washington Visit;
- Updates bankers on legislative and regulatory news through IBA’s Week In Review e-newsletter, Illinois Banker magazine articles, and annual End of Session Report;
- Spearheads timely communication through the IBA Legislative Ambassador Program; and
- Manages ILLINOIS BANKPAC to provide assistance to banker-friendly legislators and candidates.